2013 PERTH POTTERY and SCULPTURE ART CLASSES FOR ADULTS
Learn... Relax.... Create.
|| Start when you want.
Take a break when you want/need to.
No set term dates.
Work at your own pace.
Equal time for each student.
Timely assistance and advice.
Small classes (average 6 students per class)
Beginners are always welcome.
Mixture of century old traditional and cutting edge contemporary techniques taught.
Invigorating for the experienced.
Friendly long term students and studio artists.
Select/design what you want to make, plus suggestions provided.
Informative and creative studio with other working artists.
Current national and international journals, books and materials.
Overseas/interstate visitors friendly.
Classes can be taken individually or in series, and can be started, paused and resumed at a time suitable to you (just let me know in advance).
Wednesday: 12 noon - 2.30pm (3 spaces)
Wednesday: 6 pm - 8.30 pm (2 spaces)
Friday: 9:30 am - 12 noon (0 spaces)
Saturday: 1pm-3:30pm (2 spaces)
* Gaps for new students appear and disappear very rapidly (week by week) as current students pause or resume their attendance as their circumstances change, due to work, travel, holidays, sickness and family commitments. Once enrolled you may pause and resume your attendance at any time, without penalty, provided you text or email date changes before the lesson, and there is space in the class.
You may attend more than one lesson per week and change classes, subject to available spaces (see class rules at bottom).
A Creative Space.
The classes (est 1998) are held in the Robertson Park Artists Studio in the southern half of Robertson Park, Perth, Western Australia.
The studio is a spacious, light-filled space, leased from the Town of Vincent by a group of professional artists. 2012 Newsletter.
North: Off Mitchell Freeway at Vincent, or James.
South: Off Kwinana Freeway at Charles, right at Carr.
East: Graham Farmer Freeway, Northbridge exit onto Newcastle, right at Fitzgerald.
10 minutes from the GPO.
Free Blue CAT Bus: fourth stop on Aberdeen St ("Francis Street"/Stop 11), walk up Palmerston Street.
Other Buses: 400, 402, 354 or 346 from Wellington Street Bus Station (Carr Street stop).
|5. Tutor & Reviews:|
||Student reviews of their experience here
here. For more reviews why not Google: reviews "Perth Pottery and Sculpture Classes".
Graham Hay has run these studio classes since 1998.
He has tertiary qualifications in both art education and in ceramic art.
Is highly regarded as both a professional ceramics teacher and artist:
Frequently invited to teach ceramics at
Exhibits regularly internationally and interstate.
Recipient of over many awards / honourum / grants.
Written dozens of ceramic and art journals articles.
Appears in many books, journals, magazines and other media.
Professionally accredited: invited Exhibiting Member of the Australian Ceramic Association, Craft Australia, Teacher Registration Board of Western Australia, Member of various national and international professional ceramic, ceramic education, art education and artist associations.
Please re-read this webpage. It should answers all your questions. If still unsure see Try and buy below.
1. Click here to download an enrolment form. Complete and save it.
2. Then email it back to me. Click here for my email address. Note that you need to type out my email address.
3. If the class is full I will email you an estimate of your likely wait. If class space available, I will
(Never email me bank or credit-card details.)
4. You will receive an email confirming receipt of your payment, your starting date, and directions to the studio.
|7. Try and buy:|
Pre-pay for the first lesson and clay ($117) to reserve a place.
Then decide during the first lesson if you wish to continue with further lessons.
If you purchase further lessons during the first lesson you receive an immediate $87 discount (eg: 10 lessons is $572 - $87 paid = $485 outstanding). Note how the average price of each subsequent lesson falls (including the price of your first lesson) the more you buy.
This discount only applies if further lessons are purchased during the first lesson.
To ensure new students receive plenty of expert assistance, while recognising that long term students contribute to the studio and classes in many ways.
Once enrolled and prepaid lessons, you may pause and resume your attendance at any time, without penalty, provided you text or email date changes before the lesson, and there is space in the class.
| || || |
Free coffee/tea, use of clay tools, and parking.
$30 per bag of clay.
Credits are transferable but not generally refundable (this does not diminish your statutory rights).
Ask for a senior discount of 15 %, on Wednesday and Friday daytime classes only.
Lessons bought in 2012 are valid also in 2013 (and 2013 in 2014), subject to the class rules below.
1. Courtesy Saves: If you can't attend any class, your lesson credit is only protected (ie "rolled over") if you email or text me before the lesson, AND provide a specific "date of return to class". If you do not provide a return date your balance will decline each week. When your balance reached zero, your shelve will be cleared (to make space for new students) and all clay recycled.
If you let me know via email/text, lessons can be rolled over for up to 2 years.
2. Similarly, if you are returning to classes after a prolonged absence, please contact me well before to ensure a place is reserved for you.
3. You can change which day and time you attend classes, and even attend more than one lesson per week, provided you have first discussed it with me, and there is space in the class.
4. If you are likely to be away for more than two months, you will be asked to temporarily take your clay and creations home (so to make space for new students, and to encourage you to keep making at home). Upon your return a space will be again made available for you.
5. Want more flexibility? Just ask.